Domestic Abuse in Young People’s Relationships – Teen DASH RIC
December 7 @ 9:30 am - 1:00 pmFree - £35.00
This training event will cover the young person’s DASH-RIC form. We will provide guidance on how to complete a comprehensive DASH, how to adjust method and approach for young people, and appropriate action taken from the DASH, including making appropriate MARAC referrals actuarially and through overriding with professional judgment. We will discuss best practice when completing a DASH-RIC with a young person.
This three-hour training, developed and delivered by workers from Juno Women’s Aid, focuses on understanding and using the Teen DASH RIC, it explores the following :
• The Dynamics of domestic abuse in young people’s intimate relationships
• Risk and risk assessment for young people, including using the Teen DASH RIC
• Overview of support services and referral routes for young people experiencing domestic abuse in their own relationships.
The learning outcomes are:
• Greater understanding of the dynamics of domestic abuse in young people’s relationships
• Increased confidence in talking to young people about domestic abuse
• Better able to use the young person’s DASH RIC
• Greater knowledge of local support services and referral pathways for young people
This training is for Nottingham City Workers and volunteers and is free to access.
Please be aware: due to the conditions of our funding, this training is free to people working in Nottingham City and County – chargeable outside of these areas.
We are monitoring the attendance list and you will be asked to pay if you do not qualify for a free ticket.
Find all Equation’s training sessions here.