- This event has passed.
Introduction to Domestic Abuse (County workers)
January 20 @ 9:00 am - 12:30 pmFree
VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION – PLEAS
Price: FREE for Nottingham City and Nottinghamshire County workers
Date: Choose from a range of available dates when booking online
This half-day course (3.5 hours on-line) aims to create a shared understanding of domestic violence and abuse among professionals working in Nottingham and Nottinghamshire, and to increase appropriate responses.
• Raises awareness and understanding of domestic violence and abuse
• Increases understanding of the definition and different types of abuse, including coercive control
• Explores indicators to identifying domestic abuse
• Examines the impact of domestic abuse on adults and children (including trauma)
• Identifies barriers for survivors accessing services
• Identifies key good practice, responses and signposting
• This session will also be set in the context of COVID-19
The session is suitable for any worker or volunteer who has not previously attended domestic abuse training or who needs a refresher.
The session will be delivered using Zoom/ Teams and will include a break.
These sessions are funded by a mixture of local partners for local delivery in Nottingham City and Nottinghamshire County.
VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION – PLEASE READ.
In order to secure your place on the training, please ensure that you click on the link that will be sent to you in your order confirmation from Eventbrite.
The link will take you directly to the remote training platform where you will need to add your details to register to attend that training session.
If this is not done, your place on the training session will not have been registered.
Thank you very much