- This event has passed.
Raising Awareness of “So-Called” “Honour”-Based Abuse and Forced Marriage
10th December 2021 @ 9:30 am - 1:00 pmFree
Price: FREE for Nottinghamshire County workers, excluding Nottingham City.
This event is for frontline professionals and community workers who want to understand more about Honour Based Abuse and Forced Marriage.
• To explore what is meant by the terms ‘honour-based abuse’ (HBA) and ‘forced marriage’ (FM)
• To raise awareness of communities where HBA and FM are prevalent
• To examine current legislation
• To gain an understanding of the effects of HBA and FM
• To inform delegates of appropriate referral pathways and help available
None. Please note we advise all professionals attend our flagship course, Understanding and responding to Domestic Violence and Abuse.
Nottinghamshire Joint Commissioners
Please bear in mind that this training does include reference to types of domestic abuse, if you are watching or taking part in this training in a shared building, if possible, please do so in a space that is not accessed by other people for the duration of the training.
It is possible that any training about domestic abuse has the potential to impact on each of us personally, please be aware that this may be the case before accessing the training.