- This event has passed.
Understanding and Responding to Domestic Violence and Abuse (City workers)
January 10 @ 1:30 pm - 5:00 pmFree
Price: FREE for Nottingham City workers
This half-day course (3.5 hours on-line) aims to create a shared understanding of domestic violence and abuse among professionals working in Nottingham and to increase appropriate responses.
• Raises awareness and understanding of domestic violence and abuse
• Increases understanding of the definition and different types of abuse, including coercive control
• Explores indicators to identifying domestic abuse
• Examines the impact of domestic abuse on adults and children (including trauma)
• Identifies barriers for survivors accessing services
• Identifies key good practice, responses and signposting
• This session will also be set in the context of COVID-19
The session is suitable for any worker or volunteer who has not previously attended domestic abuse training or who needs a refresher.
The session will be delivered using Zoom/ Teams and will include a break.
Nottingham Crime and Drugs Partnership
Please bear in mind that this training does include reference to types of domestic abuse, if you are watching or taking part in this training in a shared building, if possible, please do so in a space that is not accessed by other people for the duration of the training.
It is possible that any training about domestic abuse has the potential to impact on each of us personally, please be aware that this may be the case before accessing the training.