- This event has passed.
Understanding&Responding to Domestic Violence&Abuse – County – Face to Face
November 21 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pmFree
Are you looking to increase your understanding of domestic violence and abuse? This full-day course will help you build up a toolkit of information and strategies to use in your workplace and everyday life.
What will you learn?
- After attending this session, you’ll be able to
- Understand the impact of domestic violence and abuse on adults and children (including trauma)
- Describe different types of abuse, including coercive control
- Spot potential indicators of domestic abuse
- Understand the barriers survivors face in getting help
- Pinpoint and use good practice in responding
- Use and signpost to useful resources and services
- Feel more confident in helping to support anyone affected by domestic violence and abuse
Who should sign up?
- Anyone who has not previously attended domestic abuse training or who needs a refresher
- Anyone who wants to increase their knowledge of the Domestic Abuse Act
- Anyone keen to increase their understanding of violence and abuse against women and confidence in responding to it
- New team members and colleagues of experienced practitioners
- Commissioners, managers and strategists who need to develop team responses
During the session, specific reference is made to different types of domestic abuse, so we recommend attending in a quiet and confidential space. Support is available if you are impacted by any content if the session.
About our trainers
Our trainers here at Equation, have an extensive background in supporting survivors of domestic abuse in a range of specialist provisions, as well as supporting children.
Want to find out more or book?
Book securely online here or, if you’ve got questions, drop an email to email@example.com
Please note failure to attend the course without prior cancellation may result in a charge for your place. If you do wish to cancel, you can do so through your Eventbrite confirmation or by getting in touch with our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.