Workers can now refer men living in Nottingham City and Nottinghamshire County experiencing domestic violence and abuse at any risk level (standard, medium or high) to Equation’s men’s service. Men can also refer themselves.
Who can be referred?
- Men aged 16 or over living in Nottingham City
- Men aged 18 or over living in Nottinghamshire County
- Men experiencing domestic violence and abuse at standard, medium and high levels of risk
How to make a referral
1. Get a referral form
Please download a referral form here ->
2. Complete the referral form and return it to Equation securely via email
For High Risk cases:
Please email our IDVA Service secure email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For Standard Risk and Medium Risk referrals (non Police)
Please use either the secure or non-secure email address below
Non Secure: email@example.com
What support for men does Equation offer?
This service will provide time-limited support to men who are experiencing domestic violence and abuse.
- Risk assessment will be undertaken to identify risk of harm to the client using a DASH RIC form (you may already have completed one of these as part of your support).
- The type of support provided will be identified against risk level and need.
- Support may include practical and emotional assistance, and signposting to other specialist services such as counselling
- Assessment will be made to ensure that work with the individual is appropriate and safe.
Equation operates structured safeguarding and assessment protocols in its work with men.
What else do you need to do?
If you are working with a man you have assessed as high risk you need to follow MARAC procedures. If you are unsure what this means, please contact Equation’s service for men on 0115 960 5556 and we will talk you through the process.
You can contact us about general enquiries on 0115 960 5556 Mon-Fri 9.30-16.30 (excluding bank holidays) or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
0115 960 5556
Call Equation’s domestic abuse helpline if you’re a man in Nottingham or Nottinghamshire
0808 801 0327
Call the Men’s Advice Line if you’re a man living outside of Nottinghamshire
0808 802 4040
Call Respect if you’re hurting your partner or being abusive
More from Equation
Browse our Best Practice Library to find information on local services and essential guidance for supporting survivors of domestic abuse. Useful documents include referral pathways, risk assessment checklists, plus the latest research findings, strategies and policies.