Guidance on multi-agency information sharing – keep
This quick reference guide was developed following the Domestic Homicide Review and is to assist agencies in sharing client or service user data with other agencies in a safe and lawful way.
From six Domestic Homicide Reviews in Nottingham City, one of which concluded this year, the following information sharing issues were identified:
- Appropriate and accurate information sharing did not take place,
- Improving existing information sharing procedures and policies including sharing third party information was required,
- The role of agencies in sharing information with other agencies to safeguard,
- Initiating multi-agency reviews to gain a better understanding did not take place,
- Lawful grounds for sharing information were not considered.