Help for Women
IF YOU’RE IN IMMEDIATE DANGER CALL 999
I’m not in danger but need help and advice
If you’re a woman experiencing domestic abuse
- Call the local 24-hour domestic abuse helpline on 0808 800 0340 run by Juno Women’s Aid
- For all women and young people in Nottingham and Nottinghamshire
- Available any time
- Free from landlines and most mobiles
- Instant language interpretation available
- Talk confidentially about your situation
- Talk about any form of domestic abuse: emotional, psychological, physical, sexual or financial
- Find out what your options are and get practical support
- You can get help with planning to leave or finding emergency accommodation
- If you’re hearing impaired dial 18002 + helpline number for textphone, or 18001 + helpline number for a telephone call
- The local 24/7 domestic abuse helpline is running as usual and taking referrals.
- More information about staying safe during COVID-19 can be found here.
Learn to recognise the signs of domestic abuse.
0207 008 0151
Call the Forced Marriage Unit if you’re worried about forced marriage
0808 802 4040
Call Respect if you’re hurting your partner or being abusive
I was too confused and embarrassed to tell my friends and family. Talking it through with someone was such a relief.
Just talking to someone about what I was going through helped me understand what support I needed.
With all the advice and support I’ve received I am starting to rebuild my life again.
I was so worried about my friend. On the helpline they talked through with me how I could support her.
Hide the Signs You’ve Been on This Website
Internet browsers normally save certain information as you use the Internet. This includes words you’ve searched, and a history of the sites you’ve visited. If you’re worried that someone at home will look at what you’ve done online, the safest option is to use a computer at a local library, a friend’s house, or at work. You can also reduce the chance that someone will discover your internet activities by following these instructions to clear your internet history.
This will take 5 minutes
Donate today to help your community become free from abuse
Stay up to date with the Equation Newsletter
Latest campaigns and projects, upcoming events and fundraising challenges, volunteering and job opportunities. We won’t share your details with other organisations.
Equation is a trading name of Equation Nottinghamshire a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales.
Registered Company No: 4517544 | Registered Charity No: 1140240