What’s this about?
- An activity booklet for young women that helps them build resilience, recognise their strengths and feel empowered to pursue a positive future.
- Offers positive routes to exploring issues that are relevant to domestic abuse.
Who’s it for?
- For professionals who work one-to-one with young women e.g. youth workers, YOT workers, social care, children’s centre workers.
- Suitable for all young women aged 11+ as a self-esteem tool.
- Particularly suitable for young women experiencing abuse, vulnerable to abuse or using abusive behaviour; helps them recognise and address their behaviour.
- Content and style tailored for young women and designed with their input.
- Designed to be filled in and personalised to record experiences and plans.
- Encourages careful self-reflection about emotions achievements and plans.
- Gently introduces relationship themes in a positive, non-threatening way.
- Helps support workers build relationships with the young person they are supporting.
- Activities can be customised to suit individual needs.
- Refined by feedback from professionals; now in its 3rd edition
What Professionals Say
“work[s] really well with older children… allows them to dip in and out and provokes questions. I use the booklet to gauge how a young person is doing… It allows you to see improvements.”
Support Worker at Amber House Refuge.
“…an invaluable resource. There are very few resources out there designed specifically for girls, and this one is easy to work through and relevant for all our female service users. The booklet explains things in an accessible manner and there is plenty of practical advice…[it] has become a widely used resource within our organisation.”
Rosie Benzie, ISS Team, Nottingham Youth Offending Team.