Working with Men Experiencing Domestic Violence and Abuse – County
16th January 2024 @ 9:30 am - 1:00 pmFree - £35.00
Price: FREE to frontline professionals, community workers and volunteers working with clients in Nottinghamshire
This course is for workers and volunteers from the domestic abuse sector who want to understand the ways in which men experience domestic abuse, and be able to respond appropriately and safely to any male survivors they meet in day-to-day working life.
• Understand the experience of men living with domestic violence and abuse in their intimate and family relationships
• Develop skills in responding appropriately to men experiencing domestic abuse
• Recognise the complexities of working with men experiencing domestic abuse
• Understand how to use relevant tools to respond appropriately to men experiencing abuse, including risk assessment and screening tools and referral pathways
• Recognise good practice points for responding to gay, bisexual and transgender men
None. Please note we advise all professionals attend our flagship course, Understanding and responding to Domestic Violence and Abuse.
Nottinghamshire County Joint Commissioners
Please bear in mind that this training does include reference to types of domestic abuse, if you are watching or taking part in this training in a shared building, if possible, please do so in a space that is not accessed by other people for the duration of the training. It is possible that any training about domestic abuse has the potential to impact on each of us personally, please be aware that this may be the case before accessing the training.
Please be aware: due to the conditions of our funding, this training is free to people working in Nottingham City and County – chargeable outside of these areas.
We are monitoring the attendance list and you will be asked to pay if you do not qualify for a free ticket.
Find all Equation’s training sessions here.