- Price: FREE for Nottingham City and Nottinghamshire County workers
- Date: Choose from a range of available dates when booking online
- Location: Online Training
Duration: Two hours and 30 mins
This training session will explore additional skills for supporting survivors of domestic abuse including space for action, considerations for language use in reports and needs identification.
Professor Liz Kelly identified space for action and its limitation as an important element to consider when working with and supporting survivors of domestic abuse. Her work, and that of other researchers has identified that living in an abusive household regime causes people to adapt their behaviour to cope:
“the web tightens. It becomes harder and harder to imagine life outside of this control, what it is to have freedom of thought and action. We call this limiting space for action”.
This session will:
- Explore space for action and the impact of its limitation
- Consider its importance in agency responses
- Identify ways in which workers can utilise the idea of space for action as part of their support of survivors
- Explores the importance of effective report writing
- Identifies other key good practice points important for supporting survivors.
None. Please note we encourage all professionals to attend our session, An Introduction to Domestic Abuse.
These sessions are funded by the Crime and Drugs Partnership and County Joint Commissioners, for delivery in Nottingham and Nottinghamshire
Stay Up To Date
Get all the important news about upcoming training courses, updates on best practice guidelines and the latest resources for supporting people experiencing domestic abuse.
Donate today to help your community become free from abuse
Stay up to date with the Equation Newsletter
Latest campaigns and projects, upcoming events and fundraising challenges, volunteering and job opportunities. We won’t share your details with other organisations.
Equation is a trading name of Equation Nottinghamshire a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales.
Registered Company No: 4517544 | Registered Charity No: 1140240