Introduction to Domestic Abuse
Price: FREE for Nottingham City and Nottinghamshire County workers
Date: Choose from a range of available dates when booking online
This half-day course aims to create a shared understanding of domestic violence and abuse among professionals working in Nottingham and Nottinghamshire, and to increase appropriate responses.
The session is a foundation level training that:
- Raises awareness and understanding of domestic violence and abuse
- Increases understanding of the definition and different types of abuse, including coercive control
- Explores indicators to identifying domestic abuse
- Examines the impact of domestic abuse on adults and children (including trauma)
- Identifies barriers for survivors accessing services
- Identifies key good practice, responses and signposting
- This session will also be set in the context of COVID-19
The session is suitable for any worker or volunteer who has not previously attended domestic abuse training or who needs a refresher.
The session will be delivered using Zoom and will include one half hour break.
Book Now Below
Stay Up To Date
Get the latest news about our resources, updates on best practice guidelines and upcoming training courses.
Order Free Resources
All resources can be collected free of charge. Postage and packaging prices are to cover costs only.
Could pay for four children to take part in our early intervention projects
Could help cover emergency travel costs so that a man can flee an abusive relationship