- Price: FREE for Nottingham City and Nottinghamshire County workers
- Date: Choose from a range of available dates when booking online
- Location: Online
Duration: 3.5 Hours
This half-day course (3.5 hours on-line) aims to create a shared understanding of domestic violence and abuse among professionals working in Nottingham and Nottinghamshire, and to increase appropriate responses.
• Raises awareness and understanding of domestic violence and abuse
• Increases understanding of the definition and different types of abuse, including coercive control
• Explores indicators to identifying domestic abuse
• Examines the impact of domestic abuse on adults and children (including trauma)
• Identifies barriers for survivors accessing services
• Identifies key good practice, responses and signposting
• This session will also be set in the context of COVID-19
The session is suitable for any worker or volunteer who has not previously attended domestic abuse training or who needs a refresher.
The session will be delivered using Zoom/ Teams and will include a break.
These sessions are funded by a mixture of local partners for local delivery in Nottingham City and Nottinghamshire County.
Stay Up To Date
Get all the important news about upcoming training courses, updates on best practice guidelines and the latest resources for supporting people experiencing domestic abuse.
Upcoming Events › URDVA Remote
List of Events
Donate today to help your community become free from abuse
Stay up to date with the Equation Newsletter
Latest campaigns and projects, upcoming events and fundraising challenges, volunteering and job opportunities. We won’t share your details with other organisations.
Equation is a trading name of Equation Nottinghamshire a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales.
Registered Company No: 4517544 | Registered Charity No: 1140240