- Price: FREE for Nottingham City workers and Nottinghamshire County Workers
- Date: Choose from a range of available dates when booking online
- Location: Online via Zoom
- Duration: 3.5 Hours including a break
This course is for workers and volunteers from all sectors who want to understand the impact of domestic violence and abuse on children and young people and be able to support them safely and effectively.
- Increase practitioners’ understanding and knowledge of domestic violence and abuse and its impacts on children and young people
- Enable practitioners to provide better support to children and young people; this will include through safety planning, resilience building, exploring coping strategies and protective factors
- Provide workers with practical tools they can utilise with children and young people who have lived with or are living with domestic violence and abuse
- Increase workers’ understanding of appropriate referral pathways and signposting
None. Please note we advise all professionals attend our flagship course, Understanding and Responding to Domestic Violence and Abuse.
These sessions are funded by the Crime and Drugs Partnership and County Joint Commissioners, for delivery in Nottingham and Nottinghamshire
Stay Up To Date
Get all the important news about upcoming training courses, updates on best practice guidelines and the latest resources for supporting people experiencing domestic abuse.