- Price: Free to Nottingham City and Nottinghamshire County workers
- Date: Choose from a range of available dates when booking online
- Location: Online
- Duration: Two hours
These 2-hour sessions are suitable for workers and volunteers who may have contact with domestic abuse survivors.
As lockdown and restrictions ease, it’s important that anyone working with survivors remain aware of the impact of Covid 19 and how the pandemic is still resonating with survivors. This session explores this and enables workers to consider some important elements of working practice, taking this impact into account. The session includes thinking about safe contact, contact with services, remote working and risk mitigation.
• An increased understanding of the impact of Covid-19 and restrictions on survivors
• Thinking about safe contact with survivors during restrictions
• Increased recognition of indicators of abuse when not working face-to-face
• Increased confidence to respond to survivors based on their individual needs during restrictions
• Understanding of signposting options and referral processes during restrictions
• Silent Call options and Emergency SMS Text
• Increased understanding of agency responses during lockdown
• Understanding and consideration of lockdown easing
These sessions have been funded by NET. Running alongside these sessions, workers will be able to book onto multi-agency group Reflective Practice Sessions that will provide more opportunities to explore practice options.
None. Please note we encourage all professionals to attend our session, Introduction to Domestic Abuse.
Stay Up To Date
Get all the important news about upcoming training courses, updates on best practice guidelines and the latest resources for supporting people experiencing domestic abuse.
Order Free Resources
All resources can be collected free of charge. Postage and packaging prices are to cover costs only.
Could pay for four children to take part in our early intervention projects
Could pay for one primary school child to receive our healthy relationship education program