What’s this about?
- An activity booklet for older children that takes them on a positive learning journey towards understanding their experience of abuse and moving forwards.
- The young person’s journey helps them to understand what abuse is, to reflect on what is happening in their own relationships, to recognise how they are impacted and to feel empowered to move forwards with resilience and a positive outlook.
- Created in response to a demand for a tool that facilitates productive work with young people experiencing abuse for professionals who work outside the domestic violence sector.
Who’s it for?
- Designed for professionals who work one-to-one with children and young people e.g. teachers, youth workers, YOT workers, social care, children’s centre workers.
- Designed for children and young people age 11+
- Bright colours and bold style tailored for the interests and needs of young people.
- Design informed by Equation’s extensive healthy relationships and domestic violence work with children and young people; created with young people’s input.
- Designed to be filled in and personalised to record experiences and plans.
- Gives professionals outside the domestic violence sector the language and techniques to have productive conversations about abuse with young people
- Helps support workers build relationships with the young person they are supporting
- Activities can be customised to suit individual needs
What Professionals Say
“Children have found the book a useful source to discuss feelings/emotions, with visual prompts.”
Children’s Centre Worker
We use feedback about our booklets to continuously improve them each time we print. So, please, tell us what you think! We welcome your comments. Email email@example.com