Raising Awareness of so-called ‘Honour’-Based Abuse and Forced Marriage
Price: FREE for Nottingham City and Nottinghamshire County Workers
Date: Choose from a range of dates to suit your schedule.
This event is for frontline professionals and community workers who want to understand more about Honour Based Abuse and Forced Marriage.
- To explore what is meant by the terms ‘honour-based abuse’ (HBA) and ‘forced marriage’ (FM)
- To raise awareness of communities where HBA and FM are prevalent
- To examine current legislation
- To gain an understanding of the effects of HBA and FM
- To inform delegates of appropriate referral pathways and help available
None. Please note we advise all professionals attend our flagship course, Understanding and Responding to Domestic Violence and Abuse.
These sessions are funded by the Crime and Drugs Partnership and County Joint Commissioners, for delivery in Nottingham and Nottinghamshire
Stay Up To Date
Get all the important news about upcoming training courses, updates on best practice guidelines and the latest resources for supporting people experiencing domestic abuse.
Order Free Resources
All resources can be collected free of charge. Postage and packaging prices are to cover costs only.
How you can help
No matter how much time, money or resources you can afford to give, your support will make a difference.
Could pay for four children
to take part in our early intervention projects
Could pay for one primary school child to receive our healthy relationship education program